View Single Post
Old Wed Feb 18, 2009, 09:59pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRISHMAFIA View Post
blahblahblah more nonsense blather from irishmike
I'm not exactly sure whats gotten into you to where you follow me thread to thread and forum to forum attacking my posts, even attacking me on fan forums; but you really need get grip. You are losing it. I'm sure you've had a lot of people in your life you have been able to bully and intimidate, but you are barking up the wrong tree.

Quote:
This is true and I've had this conversation with MB, HP and a number of other initials that would burn too much space to list. But it isn't because the people are stupid. It is KISS. For a lot of the ball worked on the local fields, there is no need for high-level mechanics for low-level play.

Not all umpires aspire to move up the ranks and much of their training needs to include survival and that is what the basic mechanics provide. These umpires are in the majority of registrations in many areas. You try to hold them to national tournament standards for umpires and you will lose many who just don't want to be bothered with it. In turn, games, leagues and tournaments become extremely difficult to cover. That is not fair to the umpire or players.

Hey the issues! I'm almost surprised you were able to address them without personal attack

For the record, I agree with you and agree with those considerations. But there can be a higher standard.

I believe they should separate those levels of umpires and there should be various standards. I think UIC's can and should be able to certainly handle training and evaluating more than a single standard. The problem is the lowest common denominator of mechanics becomes the highest rigid standard during the most important games... nationals.

Quote:

Like it or not, they still have a product to sell and expenses to recoup. The DVD was basic championship play as it was meant to be. There is already another DVD in production that will probably cover the one-umpire and three-umpire systems. There are many other options which are being studied for the future.

Thanks for playing. One day you may actually get IT and I'm not referring to the computer world.

And this is for you.
I dont have a problem with them recouping their expenses or even making money, especially if it leads to bigger and better projects in the future. I think they did a great job. I'm not sure where you came up with that mumbo jumbo or why you addressed it at me. I said it was pricey, and it is.

Last edited by wadeintothem; Wed Feb 18, 2009 at 10:32pm.