View Single Post
Old Wed Feb 18, 2009, 11:05am
Get away from me, Steve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevadaref View Post
And your real question was clarified by the NFHS back in the 2001-02 Comments on the Rules Revisions. It was longer ago than I thought. That was the year that the NFHS added the requirement that players must remain standing during a 30-second time-out.

REQUIREMENT TO STAND DURING 30-SECOND TIME-OUT (5-12-5):
To clarify and ensure consistent interpretation, during a 30-second time-out, players shall remain standing and on the floor in the vicinity of their team bench. Additional discussion reflected concerns about some states not enforcing the 'no cheerleaders' on the floor during a 30-second time-out and whether or not substitutes should be permitted to join the conference with the coach(es) and players. Because of instructions that may be given, the interpretation has been that team substitutes should be able to participate in the time-out meeting.
A reminder that teams must be prepared and leave the huddle when the 10-second warning signal is sounded.

*Note the warning signal was changed to 15 seconds prior to the end of the time-out period in the 2007-08 season.

Good job, Rich. You gave the coach the proper ruling.
Except for the part where they are to remain "on the floor." I did miss that.

I emailed the coach. She will probably think I'm crazy for including a 7-year-old passage, but I think she deserved a better answer than I gave her last night, although I was pretty much correct.