View Single Post
Old Tue Feb 17, 2009, 03:50am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by just another ref View Post
Am I the only one that thinks it is out of line for a response in this forum to include anything about the relative importance of the game in question?

Here is the rule, but does it really matter? After all, it was just a kids game.

Your question and your rec league are silly. Don't waste our time here.

Etc.

Each official must decide which levels he is willing to work. That's fine. But if you think it is beneath you to call a certain level, I suggest you can either keep that part to yourself or stay out of the thread altogether.

The most important game for any official should be the one he is involved in at the moment.

Just my opinion.
Since you are obviously referring to the post that I made in another thread, please allow me to elaborate.

I was not in any way attempting to belittle the kids or the officials involved in that contest or at that level. To the contrary, I was trying to emphasize a point to some seemingly out-of-control PARENTS that they are placing WAY too much importance on the outcome of a kids game. I don't think that score should even be kept for kids playing at that age.
Unfortunately, these PARENTS seem to be more concerned with who won/lost than whether the kids got some exercise and had fun. They need to keep things in perspective. In my opinion, these people are missing the point of youth sports.

If you inferred anything other than that from what I wrote, then you misconstrued my words.