Thread: Inbounds play
View Single Post
Old Mon Feb 16, 2009, 07:12am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaqwells View Post
I'll just say that I hope the ref that made this OOB call was not one of the ones that does college and high school varsity.

I've heard refs make this comment about a coach winning by 20 at half time, but I've never heard one actually say it to the coach. Were you winning by 20 at that point?
lol... good point. Yeah there is no way they would tolerate some of these guys at even the public school level.

And if you saw my team you'd know what we were up against. I call my girls affectionately my "angry bees" defense. We're small and irritating. That's all we've got. We have no height and the team we were playing against was like Yao Ming against Chris Paul. It just wasn't going to happen under the boards. I had my 5 ft point guard playing man to man against their 6 ft plus center because she asked. We are 2-7 on the season because no matter how we draw it up, you can't teach height. We have a lot of unskilled 7th and 8th grade girls playing where we really have to draw things up to get them shots. I have no post game at all most games as a result and we do the best we can to keep the other team out of the key.