Thread: Inbounds play
View Single Post
Old Sun Feb 15, 2009, 05:49pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Do You Personally Know Peter Griffin, The Family Guy ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quahogboy View Post
The guy blew a blatant backcourt call. My girl got a loose ball and forgot where she was and took off up the court toward the wrong basket. Everyone in the gym knew it was a backcourt except the two refs that were just standing there watching. She realized what she had done and stopped near the 3 point arc then passed it to another girl who then lost it OB.
Blatant? Yes. Confusing? Yes, maybe so confusing, and so out of the ordinary, that the officials were trying to figure out what was going on, and the ball went out of bounds before the trail could blow his whistle. I could see myself, a high school varsity official, a twenty-eight year veteran, pausing, and maybe kicking this call, "Let's see, blue was going this way in the first half, now they're supposed to be going this way, did they start the half going this way, why is she dribbling in this direction, wait a second, she's dribbling the wrong way, that's funny, let's see if she scores in the wrong basket, wait a second, I forgot to call a backcourt violation, what a crazy game, too late, the ball went out of bounds".
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)