Thread: Game Report
View Single Post
Old Sun Feb 15, 2009, 02:37pm
Fav theme: Roundball Rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by zebraman View Post
Why did you include the information about the colour of the skin of some of those involved? Was race a factor?
Race is never a factor with me. If you've gotten the idea that it is, then you've become misinformed about me somehow.

The governing authority of basketball in Ontario takes very seriously acts that are deemed unsportsmanlike. There is even a code of conduct posted at every single gym, and the instruction from the provincial body is zero tolerance. And that means everyone involved: coaches, players, parents, and even officials. Furthermore, acts such as a parent coming onto the court could very well be escalated to a involve a more severe penalty.

I certainly have no authority to demand identification in case I need to provide input should the governing body request it. Therefore, I provided information that seemed most logical to me.

If I was a parent of the Blue organization, I would demand that something be done surrounding this incident. If a parent can come onto the court and only be penalized by an ejection by the referees, then how much confidence would I have in the organization keeping themselves to be respectable? That's just my take, of course.