View Single Post
Old Sat Feb 14, 2009, 11:44pm
Official Forum Member

I probably should have gone on, however I am here and also very picky,picky, picky.
With that said I can see both sides

1. Not to rotate because the actual violation was the ball not hitting the rim, therfore the violation actually happens in the center and either side would be acceptable. i.e. stay put.

2. I can see someone saying to put the ball in play to the actual side of the rim the ball missed on, because we work hard at putting the ball in play closes to the violation, (not to confuse OOB vs. FT violation) and have all worked with individuals who don't, knowing full well teams and coaches design plays based upon were the ball will be inbounded. In this case I am not sure it matters.( Unless your post man is left or right handed.) But the actual violation was at the rim or the miss of said rim.

With that said, I have to go with #1 as the violation occured at the rim, the side is irrelevant. With that said I have seen and worked with individuals on a bc violation who inbounded the ball at the division line, rather than the sideline or endline closes to were the ball was first touched by A (i.e. where the violation occured.) So I think that logic prevails.