View Single Post
Old Mon Oct 28, 2002, 08:19am
In Memoriam

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally posted by moose69
A couple of days ago i was doing a game and my partner sent a girl off for having her shirt come un tucked. She reported to the table and I beckonded her onto the court. Her shirt was bloused, apparantly too lose for my partner and he blew his whistle forecfully and sent her off. I could not believe it. Why not just go over and politly ask her to tuck it in? What did this acomplish- nothing. all it did was piss off the coach.

how would you guys have handled this? I would have just went over and quietly asked her to tuck it in.

ALSO

My partner also in this same game yelled at both me, and the table crew for not blowing the horn when subs came to report.He yelled at me for beckoning them with out hearing the horn, and at the table for not blowing the horn even after i had brought the subs onto the court.

A lot of guys in our association have requested not to work with this grumpy old man but I don't want to be a pain to our asssignor so i suck it up.

How do you guys who are young(or younger I should say) deal with people who think they are gods gift to basketball?

Tyler
Tyler,
RE: Shirts - I usually just say, "Tuck it in." I don't care how far it goes in or if it goes in all the way around.
As long as they go through the motions....

RE: Buzzer - I often call the subs before the buzzer.

mick