View Single Post
Old Thu Feb 12, 2009, 11:23pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMR View Post
In Louisiana we wear them on the right sleeve.

In Baton Rouge, since it is on the right sleeve we wear reverse field flags. We are the only one of the nine La. associations to do so.

We have several ex-military guys who got LHSAA to give us dispensation to do so.

More than once an idiot fan has commented to one of our officials that they are so dumb they even have a backwards flag on their uniform, that sort of thing.

I would prefer that we didn't wear them, for the reason stated above (prohibited by the Flag Code) but we are told to instructed to wear them so we do.
Our crew wears the reverse flag on our right sleeve as well. I live right by the national American Legion apparel HQ so I volunteered to pick up the flags for our crew a couple years ago. They knew why I was getting them and didn't say that was an inappropriate use of wearing the flag. They did tell me though about the right sleeve/reverse flag requirement though. The idea is to wear the stars closest to your heart or something like that. We get the "stupid" comments occasionally as well.