View Single Post
Old Thu Feb 12, 2009, 03:58pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Finnerty View Post
Mr. Umpire,

If you bust in on a play near the 3/4 hole, [this is not anger, but emphasis] YOU'RE GOING TO INTERFERE WITH THE PLAY!
No, I am not going to interfere with anything. I have had this play, I have handled correctly as instructed at school and I have never interfered with this play. Perhaps you're projecting.

Quote:
What's the story? How can you possibly be in position to get everything right by being so stubborn about taking it all, while your partner watches you struggle? What's the point?
Nothing stubborn about handling a mechanic correctly. My partner is doing his job correctly and is knows he has things to do other than watch me doing my job correctly

Quote:
I am a former wide receiver and center fielder. I was always one of the fastest guys in any league and any sport I was ever a part of. I am over 50, and I am somewhere near my playing weight and I am still one of the fastest guys anywhere near my age. I love to run and I love the idea that I am even able to still do any kind of a sprint.

I can not go from calling a pressure play at first to calling a subsequent play at second and get close enough to call a banger. It's cool if you think you can just because some manual says you're supposed to.
Perhaps one problem is that you either cannot read very well or don't understand the OP or what I have written. I have stated SEVERAL times that upon recognizing the bad throw, I would not be in foul territory or even in my set position. I would not be standing around waiting for the B/R to reach first. I would be busting in and taking his touch of first from the grass.

Quote:
The best statement was TTS's: "As fast as some of these HS kids are, not to mention college players, the BU having to travel across the diamond and have an angle on the play is nearly impossible. I'm not saying you would not be able to see the play, but it will look like you didn't."
I would give TT the benefit of the doubt and assume he also had not read what I had written.

Look, I don't know why you want to get all excited about someone using the mechanic he learned at proschool. Do what ever you want to do. I really don't care. I don't have to work with you.