Thread: He wasn't set!!
View Single Post
Old Tue Feb 10, 2009, 02:37am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by slow whistle View Post
BV game Fri night, A1 drives down the right side of the lane, B1 who had established LGP slides down the lane with him and takes it square in the chest, I have a clear PC foul...as I am reporting coach says to me "how can that be offensive, he wasn't set!" I just replied "coach he doesn't need to be "set" to draw a PC foul"...did not have any inclination to provide more than that at the time...after the game, my one partner and I are asking our significantly more experienced third partner how we did, etc, etc....his one comment to me "that one charge you called, i thought that was a block"

me: "why?"
him: "because he wasn't set"
me verbally: "ok thanks"
me internally "!@#$!@%#$%$@#%^"

He went on to say something to the effect that if you just call a block every time the guy isn't set, everyone in the gym will think you are right and nobody will say anything....I just bit my tongue...
As you gain more experience, you will come to find that "significantly more experienced" does not equate to being a better official.

Just wait until Jurassic gets here and sees that guy's advice to you concerning the crowd's reaction to calls. I would call that official a coward, but someone would surely get upset with me, so I'll just use the word spineless.