View Single Post
Old Sun Feb 08, 2009, 09:54pm
Esteemed Forum Member

"God is our refuge and strength, A very present help in trouble." (Psalm 46)

swvaref: During my game Friday night, during the intermission between the first, and second, period, I heard my name being called from the bleachers. It was a former official whose daughter lost a hard fought battle with cancer a few years ago. He was there to watch his other daughter play in my game. I asked him what number his daughter was, and he replied #14, so I called over to my partner that we had to call a few extra fouls on #14, which got a laugh not only from him, but also from other parents seated near him. He continued to banter with me whenever I was near him throughout the rest of the game. No mention was made of his other daughter. On the outside, at least, he appears to have moved on. During a quiet moment in the game I said a little prayer for his daughter, and then remembered your daughter going through something similar, and said a little prayer for Kassidy. Like my buddy, I hope that as time goes by you will hold in your heart the good times that you had with your daughter. Time might not heal all wounds, but, hopefully, time might make them less painful.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)