The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sun Feb 08, 2009, 08:27pm
Official Forum Member

Remembering Kassidy- SWVAREFs daughter

Kassidy was remembered to day. We had the meet that the gym does in her memory. I think it was pretty cool. Alot of gymnast was there had 2 full days of gymnastics. The reporter that did the story did gymnastics with Kassidy when Kass 1st got started, she was her big-sister, so it was pretty cool for her to report the story. I know alot of you followed her story and thought you may enjoy the story. Heres the link and if it isnt right go to www.wdbj7.com and click on Gymnastis Honored at Kassidys Rock Star Invivational

http://www.wdbj7.com/Global/story.asp?S=9807997

www.kassidyspage.com

Last edited by swvaref; Sun Feb 08, 2009 at 09:13pm.
Old Sun Feb 08, 2009, 08:35pm
9/11 - Never Forget

Send a message via Yahoo to grunewar
Terrific story and legacy. Please keep us informed and continued best wishes to you and your family.
Old Sun Feb 08, 2009, 08:43pm
Official Forum Member

Danny, don't know you personally, but please know that we think about you guys a lot.
Old Sun Feb 08, 2009, 09:19pm
Official Forum Member

Thanks for sharing

I am greatly inspired by your efforts to be involved in something positive despite the premature loss of Kassidy! It is obvious she was a young lady full of life!

Your family is in my thoughts and prayers.
Old Sun Feb 08, 2009, 09:24pm
Official Forum Member

Danny - Thanks for sharing Kassidy's story with your "brotherhood" of officials across the country. What a wonderul way to honor and celebrate her life.
Old Sun Feb 08, 2009, 09:54pm
Esteemed Forum Member

"God is our refuge and strength, A very present help in trouble." (Psalm 46)

swvaref: During my game Friday night, during the intermission between the first, and second, period, I heard my name being called from the bleachers. It was a former official whose daughter lost a hard fought battle with cancer a few years ago. He was there to watch his other daughter play in my game. I asked him what number his daughter was, and he replied #14, so I called over to my partner that we had to call a few extra fouls on #14, which got a laugh not only from him, but also from other parents seated near him. He continued to banter with me whenever I was near him throughout the rest of the game. No mention was made of his other daughter. On the outside, at least, he appears to have moved on. During a quiet moment in the game I said a little prayer for his daughter, and then remembered your daughter going through something similar, and said a little prayer for Kassidy. Like my buddy, I hope that as time goes by you will hold in your heart the good times that you had with your daughter. Time might not heal all wounds, but, hopefully, time might make them less painful.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)
Old Sun Feb 08, 2009, 10:27pm
Official Forum Member

swvaref,

I watched the news story. Very cool... and touching. I admire you for how you have taken this diversity and used it to make positive things happen.

With huge respect, Z
Old Sun Feb 08, 2009, 11:55pm
Keeper of the HAMMER

I know I thought of you this year, especially when I put on my pink whistle.
Old Mon Feb 09, 2009, 12:37pm
Official Forum Member

Thanks guys for your kind words.I am very fortunate to have many people including this Forum to surround and be in touch with on a daily bases to help me continue this journey that GOD has put my family on. Billy Mac.... you are right, everyone has a story and no one knows their life except a few people and the ones who knows..seems to forget, unless it is in their direct family. When I go to my games and we are waiting for the start, I always scan the crowd and wonder what these people are going thru, is it worse then me or is it the same. They will put on that "happy face". ..but deep down their heart may be torn and may never be put back together..
Thanks again,I finish up Tuesday night and now will wait and see if I get any playoff games. then summer camps , then the season will start again. man time sure does fly.
Hope all of you finish up strong, get lots of playoff games, have a safe summer... Hug your loved ones tighter and tell them you live them.

I LOVE AND MISS YOU KASSIDY FOSTER....My daughter who I KNOW I will see again.

THANKS GUYS

Last edited by swvaref; Mon Feb 09, 2009 at 01:04pm.