View Single Post
Old Sun Feb 08, 2009, 04:24pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BktBallRef View Post
You said, "he is standing behind me (lead, administering) whispers "Idiot."

Doesn't sound like he was addressing you. May not have even been talking about you. Since you were administering the FTs, my guess is you didn't make the foul call. If he yells "Idiot!" that's one thing. But a whisper? No. Now, I might turn and ask, "I'm sorry coach. Did you say something?"

I guess you were there but I can't say that I would have called that one. And I'm as quick triggered as anybody.
I do not totally disagree, but even if he was not talking to him or anyone directly, that does not give him the right to run his mouth. And if you do not want people to misconstrue your comments, then keep them to yourself. We are not the only people out there that the term, "You cannot quote silence" means for. And I am the kind of person that gets no pleasure out of giving Ts. Half the time I find other ways to handle situation which work very well for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BktBallRef View Post
And I agree with Rich. You should have gone opposite and gotten away from him. We don't tell coaches they have to sit down. They already know. If we resume play and he's still standing, that's a little different. Now one of us is going to tell him to sit as we pass by. But to go to him and tell him he has to sit onoly gives him more opportunity to whine and complain.

JMO.
You would be surprised how many coaches do not know this rule or know what it means. I think most coaches know, but if they continue to stand and they have not been informed, then they will claim they did not know what they were doing on the next T. I have no problem telling a coach to sit down, but it should come from the other official, not the calling official.

Peace