View Single Post
Old Sun Feb 08, 2009, 09:34am
Suppref

Awesome

[QUOTE=

Sorry if I bored anyone. I just had to type this up somewhere. Thanks, guys.[/QUOTE]

Mark, stories like yours should never be boring to anyone. I live with a special needs child and have been the fortunate recipient of a Make a Wish "event". They sent Matthew and his family to Disney World, all expenss. They put us in a limo to the airport, a rental van in FL, a two bedroom villa on the "Give Kid's the World" development, all tickets to all the amusement parks, the list goes on and on.

On a side note, in conjuction with Coaches Against Cancer, our board held a Blow the Whistle on Cancer campaign last week. All officials used pink whistles in a effort to raise funds for the American Cancer Society. Most high schools in the area placed a box at the gate for donations and made anouncements etc. The school I picked the box up from donated exaclty $0. So, I took the box to my 5th through 8th grade rec games on Saturday. At haltime of each of the 4 games, I made a little speech and "volunteered" at seven or eight year old to pass my box around.

In 4 hours they collected $452. All told we raised $6000 as a board.
Hard times or not, there are people worse off than us.

Your wife is a saint, all of us can learn from her!!

- - -