Thread: Charge/Block
View Single Post
Old Sat Feb 07, 2009, 10:59pm
Esteemed Forum Member

The Dreaded, Infamous, Blarge ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaqwells View Post
They got it wrong, but so did you.
Double foul, count the basket (a double foul cannot include, by definition, a PC foul), ball to the team that did not score.
4.19.8 SITUATION C: A1 drives for a try and jumps and releases the ball.
Contact occurs between A1 and B1 after the release and before airborne shooter A1 returns one foot to the floor. One official calls a blocking foul on B1 and the other official calls a charging foul on A1. The try is successful. RULING: Even though airborne shooter A1 committed a charging foul, it is not a player-control foul because the two fouls result in a double personal foul. The double foul does not cause the ball to become dead on the try and the goal is scored. Play is resumed at the point of interruption, which is a throw-in for Team B from anywhere along the end line. (4-36)

A good pregame, good mechanics, good eye contact and good communication between partners, and some patience, i.e not being in a rush, will almost always prevent this from happening.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Sat Feb 07, 2009 at 11:01pm.