View Single Post
Old Wed Feb 04, 2009, 07:59am
Fav theme: Roundball Rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrapins Fan View Post
I had an evaluation yesterday. My 1st this year. I knew it was coming. I was ready.

I did 3 games. Boys 6th, 7th and 8th grade. The evaluation was during the 8th grade game.

My partner and I were on top of our game. I feel we both did an excellent job. Evaluator did too. He had only 2 pointers, one for each of us.

Here's the problem. He comes to me and said " What's this I hear about you telling a coach that you don't call fouls or walking when the game is out of hand ( one team winning by 20 or more )" I said, I never said any such thing. He says, I just sat over there and had a coach AND his assistant say that you told them that tonight. I said, I never said any such thing. He didn't seem to believe me. I explained what had happened -

Here's the reality. In the 8th grade game, which the assistant was the head coach, the visitor was complaining to me after the 1st quarter. He was whining about calls, his team was down 16 - 4. I listened and as I walked away, the other coach ( the assistant that lied ) said, man if I talked to you like that you'd "T" me up. I said, coach, looking at the score I can understand his frustration, I am just giving his a little rope. That coach went off complaining that regardless of the score, I should have "T'ed him up. I walked away.

That's all that happened. I am disappointed that my evaluator took the coaches word for what happened. He got upset with me when I tried to explain what had happened.

There's not much I can do, I have refused to work any more games for these coaches either home or away.

Thoughts?
I would highly consider refusing to work any more games for these coaches, home or away. Of course, I wouldn't tell anyone why. I'd keep that to myself.

Truth is truth. It's sad that people live their lives like this.