View Single Post
Old Wed Feb 04, 2009, 12:32am
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fljet View Post
on #1 im talking about the official looking into a camera, have someone else make the ruling, not who decides if there will be a replay I know that is done inside of two minutes by the booth.
Name one play where this was a problem?

Quote:
on #2 there are not twenty instances per game where the qb gets hit in the act of throwing, get real!!! Maybe 1-2 per game if you average it all out.
Take it up with the NFL. The NFL is a business and they do not want their marquee players out (like Tom Brady) all season long because they get hit illegally. So the NFL Competition Committee (which is not made up of officials BTW) cracked down on these kinds of hits. The NFL would have rather had Tom Brady all season in the playoffs than Matt Ryan that might not win anything. I can guarantee you that one. If you are a season ticket holder, take that up with the NFL or give back your tickets. I am sure someone will take them without any problem.

Quote:
#4 did you see Mike Carey get leveled by Matt Ryan? Have you ever seen a flank run into a player or coach? Do you watch football?
I can guarantee you, I watch more football than you will ever know. Mike Carey getting run into did not prevent the other officials to make a ruling on the play. Actually the Referee is only a secondary person on these kinds of plays. If you were an official, you might know that.

Quote:
#5 facemasks happen quick like everything else, if you have a 5 yarder your not killing a team for a non flagrant twist and or pull. And Im not an idiot I know the after the play official huddles are to discuss wether it was a 5 or a 15 and then who is it on, well when they had the two options.
More ignorance. A 15 yard facemask is not a "flagrant penalty." A flagrant act involves an ejection and I have not seen anyone ejected lately for a facemask and neither have you. If you are going to complain about something, at least know why the penalty is called.

Quote:
And yes I understand the NFL rules committee and not the officials make the rules, Im not as ignorant as you keep trying to make me be.

You asked me what I would change that was shooting from my hip
Well then you need to take that up with those people. I think the bottom line you are scared to become an officials because you could not handle people questioning your judgments (like we are doing now). Then and only then will people maybe start to respect your opinions because it will be based on facts, not what you think the rules are.

Peace