View Single Post
Old Tue Feb 03, 2009, 11:43pm
Do not give a damn!!

Another level of ignorance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fljet View Post
1.I got one solution, stop letting the referee on the field rule on instant replay, have a central office in NY and force Mike Perriera to cover his own *** and not officials. I believe both MLB and NHL have this format, takes the pressure of the head official anyways Im sure they wont mind.
The Referee on the field does not have anything to do with deciding the instant replay. Outside of 2 minutes the coach has the ability to challenge any play within the rules. The Referee has no say when or when they do not review plays; they just apply the challenge if it is for the right reason allowed by the NFL. MLB only reviews plays that involve home runs; they do not review all plays or have the ability to review most plays under the current guidelines. Not ball/strike calls, no out/safe calls, not even fair foul unless it involves home runs.

Quote:
2.Automatic Review all forward pass fumble deals, NFL REFs are very inconsistent on these type of plays.

The first forward pass from SB43, ruled a fumble is a great example, a team should not have to waste a challenge because Mcually and his crew couldnt make a gut decision in crunchtime. It was not even that close in my opinion. A big surprise the 2nd one was ruled a fumble?
Then you would have a delay every time this happen. The current problem with replay is that you would have potentially 20 reviews. Also there are very few NFL officials get wrong. And there are not many conclusive angles. Unless the NFL is going to have grass cameras, you are not going to see all plays anyway.

Quote:
3. Get rid of celebration bull**** rules, most are hillarious to watch and do not cause any harm. This is the NFL not pop warner.
Well the NFL wants to keep a certain image and the other levels have in the past pleaded with the NFL to make these actions illegal. I do not completely disagree about changing the rules, but they are what they are. This has nothing to do with the officials. Officials do not write the rules on these. They only enforce them.

Quote:
4. add another official behind the referee to rule on long returns, since most flanks in the NFL cant get down the field at the same speed as the players. Or get ran over trying to get down the middle of the field. THe flank in the SB was to busy dodging players and coaches on the sideline to see any of the blocks anyways and was WAY behind the play even though harrison runs a 6.5 in the 40
Not going to happen. For one there have not been any problems with long runs. The same issues that are made on other plays are the same issues if the field is flipped.

Quote:
5. No more 15 yard only facemask, anyone who has played footbal knows that incidental contact occurs often. too judgemental of a call. takes the pressure of the official.
It is not a hard call to make. But how would you know. I did not see any problem with these calls.

Peace