View Single Post
Old Tue Feb 03, 2009, 11:09am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by waltjp View Post
What I find funny is that there are a couple of posters here who are complaining about the calls in the game. They've already made up their mind that they're correct, despite any attempt by others to explain the correct rulings and interpretations to them. The antagonists then claim that we're all officials and will blindly defend our brethren.

The truth is that if you read through this and other threads you'll see where we can be critical of our brothers. Recent threads about Ed Hochuli and Don Cherry come to mind.
Fans are very rarely interested in reality in discussions like this. They are more interested in pissing and moaning.

They ask questions, but then when their questions get answered the person answering is either FOS or "covering up for the refs." That's just the way it is.

I spend a lot of time on a couple of college fan forums and it's really pretty comical. I used to try to explain rulings etc., but you know it's bad when you can provide a quote directly from the rule book and still be informed that you are wrong.

I have learned to let Matthew 7:6 be my guide.