View Single Post
Old Tue Feb 03, 2009, 10:51am
Official Forum Member

The other problem is that these knotheads don't realize that the official's view standing on the field, watching the game live is one hell of a lot different than sitting in the living room watching replays. All it takes is a glance one direction to miss something in another. Bodies, body parts, can flash in front of you at just the right moment to obscure your vision. I know for myself that I can see something, have to take a moment to process it and it's effect on the game or if it was what I really saw and I'm missing something else.

Take Rothlisberger's TD at the start of the game and the "helping the runner" call that was supposedly missed. It's possible the wing was focused on the position of the ball and didn't see much else. After all what's more important? If you throw the flag and miss where the ball is then these dumbsh8ts will be whining that he didn't see the ball. I'd rather want to know if the ball crossed the line as my first priority.

How about Warner's fumble that was reviewed and became an incomplete pass? I'm guessing there was no way for the white hat to see his arm in the position he was in when he threw the ball. However, one thing is very clear and that was Warner's fumble at the end of the game. I had no doubt it was a fumble. These knotheads just find it easier to sit back and whine than to get off their lazy butts and become an official.