View Single Post
Old Mon Feb 02, 2009, 10:34am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LDUB View Post
NFL:

The Referee may award a touchdown when a palpably unfair act...
The Referee could award three points for a palpably unfair act...

The defense shall not commit sucessive or continued fouls to prevent a score.
Penalty: For continuous fouls to prevent a score: If the violation is repeated after a warning, the score involved is awarded to the offensive team.

NCAA:

The referee may take any action he considers equitable, including...awarding a score...

NFHS:

The referee enforces any penalty he considers equitable, including the award of a score....Repeated fouls (Art. 2) - the game may be forfeited.
forgot about the palpably. ya, i was thinking about like if a receiver went up for a catch in the end zone, and the defender just grabbed him by the face mask and ripped him down, not allowing him to catch it or something. basically, i was thinking of scores being awarded on regular plays, which don't happen. also, when asking questions or making statements, i don't consider high school to be in the conversation when discussing rules, as you can tell (you did mention the palpably in the nfl though). 99% of the time, people aren't talking about high school in regards to anything sports related, let alone rules. i can't remember the last time one of my friends was like "hey did you see that high school game on public access?". not even when i was going to high school did i hear about high school football.

btw, many people ask questions in the form of statements. i'm one of them. for instance, "what? they can't do that!" could possibly mean "they can't do that from what i know, but if somebody knows different, tell me." this is in the same boat as using absolute statements when you really don't mean them literally, such as "i never make mistakes while driving". i'm clarifying this because some people are really immature and love to insult others on the web, so they use every little thing they can against a person.

Last edited by PackersFTW; Mon Feb 02, 2009 at 10:39am.