Thread: Another First!
View Single Post
Old Sun Feb 01, 2009, 12:06am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by agr8zebra View Post
Well I have done my share of one man here in Utah, and for the most part enjoy them more that others.

I have start many a game one-man and have got a half or more and another official shows up, if they are assigned to the game I let them come in and help finish. If they are just early for the next game I say I got it covered.

I have learned that once you start one man and goto two man, the games whole complextion changes, in fact my partner and I on Wednesday were talking about the very subject. I love saying I didn't see that one, regardless of what I may have missed. I do the best I can and coaches appreaciate it. I also like saying who did the ball go OB on, when I am opposite the table and have no clue, if they can't conclude, I quickly go to alternating postion. The next time they always have a player.

Way to go BC7, give me a call if you ever have something like that happen again,or call Greg.
I appreciate the advice. I do agree with the fact that sometimes it is almost easier to be by yourself in comparison to some of the partners I've had this year. Hahaha. I have already talked to Greg about it.

The funny thing is I worked another game by myself today. I did two HS age Rec league games, and the first one I did by myself, the 2nd one I had a high school kid who had done some of the 7th grade games earlier in the day help me.

I talked to my partner from a Sophomore game last night, and he told me that if that situation ever came up again to give him a call and see if he is available because he'd love to help.

agra8zebra- do you only do Varsity games, or do you sometimes do lower level games?