View Single Post
Old Fri Jan 30, 2009, 10:55am
Fav theme: Roundball Rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamIAm View Post
I keep the stats for my daughters 8th grade A team games.

A few happenings of note.
1) Home game. 1st Quarter, 2 minutes to go, 1+1 sitch. 1st misses with lane violation. Second effort at the 1st shot goes in, B takes ball oob and away they go. I realize they didn't shoot the second free throw and try to politely alert the official running up the court. I am in the first row of the stands and am really just another fan to the official. And she has the game going on as opposed to stopping to chit chat with me. I am also across the floor from the teams and table. I try to let the coach know, again trying not to make a spectacle of myself. At this point I realize the time frame for the correctable error is gone. (While typing this I am thinking to myself that not giving a free throw does not fall under the CE. Hopefully someone will provide an answer for me).
Not awarding a merited free throw is a correctable error! But if, as you said, the time frame to correct the error is gone, there is nothing you can do now about correcting that incident.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamIAm View Post
At the beginning of the 2nd Qtr. the official spoke to me briefly as I set at midcourt, acknowledging the mistake. My response was, "If that is the worse thing that happens, it will still be a good game." I am stlightly irritated at the HOME table as they should have caught it.
I love a table that is on the ball! Some kids do see the big picture.