View Single Post
Old Wed Jan 28, 2009, 07:17pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Team Technical Versus Player Technical ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevadaref View Post
Nope. Any T charged for one of the four items that falls under the DOG warnings will be a Team technical foul. There are technical fouls which are charged directly to an individual player for delaying the game, but they are NOT for one of the four items listed under the DOG warnings.
NFHS 10-1-5-B: Team Technical: Delay the game by preventing the ball from being made promptly live or from being put in play. See 7-5-1 and 8-1-2 for the resumption-of-play procedure to use after a time-out or the intermission between quarters. The procedure is used prior to charging a technical foul in these specific situations.

NFHS 10-3-5-A: Player Technical: Delay the game by acts such as: Preventing the ball from being made live promptly or from being put in play.

Nevadaref: If a player delays the game by "preventing the ball from being made promptly live or from being put in play", how do you differentiate a team technical from a player technical? The wording seems very similar in both rules, almost exactly the same? I'm confused, as usual.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Wed Jan 28, 2009 at 07:19pm.