View Single Post
Old Tue Jan 27, 2009, 09:33pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoochy View Post
Relook at the 2nd play. I hope both of you looked into the rule bokk to see if you were correct or incorrect on the plays.
First of all, Mark, nice job dropping these in there every now and then. Yes, good for newbies, but I'll bet all 140-plus who have viewed this (just as of this writing) aren't just new guys -- so this stuff has "reach," for sure. Good stuff for most of us!

I believe what Zoochy is hinting at is that little note about someone who's taken out cannot return to play until the next opportunity AFTER the clock has been properly started. (3-3-4).

Not too full of myself to admit, though, my first inclination was to agree with the two guys above who said a TO could have bought re-entry.

Please correct my interpretation as needed, but what we were thinking of must be 3-3-6, which says the injured player can remain in the game if his team calls a TO and the injury problem is corrected by the end of it. The fly in the ointment here was his replacement actually came in for him, making 3-3-6 no longer applicable, right?

Remember reading about both but it doesn't matter if you can't produce at show time. At least the next time the curtain rises, we'll get it right. (presuming I'm right above ....)