View Single Post
Old Sun Jan 25, 2009, 03:57am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to dave30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurassic Referee View Post
I would hazard a guess that every good referee would disagree vehemently with you and your "bending the rules" philosophy. Quite simply, it's wrong. It has no place in officiating a game at any level.

Your job is to officiate. Period! Equally, fairly and equitably for BOTH teams. It is NOT your job to judge coaches and players who are playing WITHIN the rules. The problem is a league problem, not an officiating problem.

Real officials don't cheat.

I realize that you don't care. Unfortunately, you don't care about our officiating ethics either.

Sad!

It's not cheating. We are here for the kids and that includes some that can't play very well. No one deserves to be embarrassed that way. It's possible to send a message to a coach who won't back off a little bit.

It was not a high-level game. One team was not competitive and they haven't been for four years. Give them a break.

It's easy to be high and mighty and "call it by the book all the time". I guess none of you have ever given a team the benefit of a call when they are down by 40+ points with no hope of ever catching up.

I wish I was as perfect as some of you, but common sense takes priority sometimes.