View Single Post
Old Fri Jan 23, 2009, 02:05pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by just another ref View Post
Several years ago a charter school opened, with classes only through 8th grade. I was sent to officiate one of their first games ever, which was played in a church gymnasium. I was talking to the guy who was to be the timer for the night, and he asked, "How many fouls before they shoot free throws?" I said bonus starts on the seventh. He nodded and said, "OK, so will you tell us when or do we need to keep up with it?"
7Grls game a week or so ago, parent volunteers from each team working the table. Rec league. I like to check with the table when reporting TOs and between halves (don't play quarters) and ask "everything okay? any problems?" Got a thumbs up each time during this game.

Late in the game, a couple of points difference, TO called. I report it and ask again "everything good?" then remind timer to watch us for starting the clock. Timer says, "I think she (book) shorted us a couple of points". OK, let's check the line totals real quick. Turns out the book was only keeping a running score and running fouls, nothing on the individual player lines.

I ask her why and she says......................."I thought we only cared about the total score. I don't keep the personal lines because the girls argue about who scored the most points."

"Tweet, wanna get away?!?!"