View Single Post
Old Fri Jan 23, 2009, 12:00pm
Official Forum Member

Wink

The sitch that always raises some griping from the coaches and definitely the fans is the throw in that tips off of player A1 in the frontcourt (no control) and goes into the backcourt where it is recovered by a team A player. Team B coaches still gripe about the no call and unfortunately, I still observe some officials call it back court. A second is the backcourt call on a throw in where team A has throw in, A1 jumps in the air from the frontcourt, catches the ball in the air, and then lands backcourt. Another is dribbler A1 in frontcourt, B1 tips the ball away, it hits A1's leg and goes backcourt where it is recovered by Team A. Here, Team A coach and parents gripe.

I always try and tell the officials (especially the newbies) that they did a good job. If I can, when I observe, I try and go into the locker room after a game to constructively discuss the game with the crew. Even though some don;t like what I have to say about what I saw, I still like it when a newer official, or an experienced official for that matter, asked me what I observed. That is how we all get better. I just wish high school would get to the college level where I get a game film and critique of every game.