Thread: Coach at Table
View Single Post
Old Sat Jan 17, 2009, 06:05pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via Yahoo to agr8zebra
Coach at Table

During a game last night, 2nd half, called a foul, had a guard in the paint when a kid went to the bucket, was hammered by the guy guarding him who has 3 or 4 fouls on him, I gave a foul to the guard in the paint for a block. Report my foul, in two man I go to trail, FT'r makes both and we are going the other way, as new lead I am looking back and see the Home HC at the table, I whistle, stop play,go to the table, coach is complaining I gave the foul 23 not his other guy. My partner tells me afterwards his is really scratching his head as this was 23's first foul and would have been 4th or 5th on the other kid. Well the coach does his little complaining,I give the explaination the block by 23 in the paint and I force him to take a time out.

After the game, we had a JV official stay and talk to us, he said when I saw the coach at the table I knew that I either going to T him up or grant him a TO. I choose the TO even though there was no horn to stop play by timer, as I have been too T-happy of late.

Some coaches have no clue what is going on in a game sometimes, granted this coaches team was down by 20+ points

After all that is said and done, more is said than done