View Single Post
Old Fri Jan 16, 2009, 05:07pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelvin green View Post
Understand what the case book play says.... BUT

Did the foul by B do anything to A that might have caused the charge? if so I am not calling the foul on A...

false double fouls happen all the time and I think we make too much of the definition and all the hoo-ah that goes with it. Call the fouls that happen and administer in the order they occur...

The foul by B does not cause the ball to become dead, but I think most of the guys I know would only call the foul on A if A is going headhunting after he gets fouled and thinks he can get a free one....
We really do not call a false double foul, they kind of happen because of circumstance. And I completely agree that we really not call foul on a player that is fouled as a matter of principle. In my judgment those players are knocked into another player and I am not going to call them with a foul just because the casebook has a rare situation where this should be a foul. Kind of like on a simultaneous foul we usually pick one or even better yet a multiple foul. Calling a foul on A in this situation is just looking for all kinds of trouble.

Peace