View Single Post
Old Fri Jan 16, 2009, 01:44pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ref Ump Welsch View Post
And inquiring minds would like to know how did the coach react to that statement? When I used a similar line with a coach last night, he was in such disbelief and said "you gotta be kidding me!" My partner and I came to the conclusion maybe the coach wanted us to throw the rule book out?
This was just an unreasonable coach.

Yesterday I made the worst call of my career in a really tough spot. I have never had a call bother me as much this one did and potentially "hurt" a team like this one did (not physically just as far as the game goes). This was my Ed Hoculi killing the Chargers call.

On my way out after the game the coach and some parents were chatting and I felt so bad that I appologized to him and told him that I really screwed the pooch. He was not happy but he understood and didnt get upset at all. The point is reasonable coaches understand that this is a game of many moving parts and sometimes one of those parts fail.

Once I made the call I was so upset at myself that I pretty much told myself that this coach would literraly have to assault me before I give him a T. I can guarantee this will never happen again.