View Single Post
Old Sun Oct 13, 2002, 04:22pm
Official Forum Member

Mike.........

I have been paid as little as $14 per game at State Championships.............

This past summer, I got $20, which I thought was wonderful..............

I agree that bumping the pay for State/Regional/National should be brought up...........I think the Minimum pay in Tx is $13.........and there are many DC's who are willing to pay just that knowing that they will have umpires willing to call for that............

I also think that Host umpires should be held to the same qualifications as outside upmires..............My district did not get any post season tournaments this year........and I traveled 450+ miles (one way) to call the two States I did............only to find some Host Umpires who had 1-2 yrs. experience with NO STATE or NATIONAL schools under their belt................

I understand that District's want to save mileage and hotel room expenses...........BUT.......why should an umpire bust his butt attending schools when they see other umpires NOT attending any and still getting assignments?

Texas has been holding its meetings this weekend...........maybe I will have some tid-bits to report after our DC and DUIC returns..............

Joel