View Single Post
Old Tue Jan 13, 2009, 01:40pm
Ref Ump Welsch

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRW View Post
An email from K.Ryan sent today:

There has been a mistake found on the 2009 exam. W.S. [name changed to initials by SRW] caught it and sent it to me. We will post something on the web so all will know but it will be in February’s plays and clarifications. The question is number 31. The answer listed as the correct answer is letter D which is incorrect. None of the answers are totally correct. The question involves an Illegal player and the answer listed as the correct answer is for an unreported substitute. The problem is they used to have the same penalty. Since the penalty for the unreported substitute has changed because of the rule change they are no longer disqualified and when found entered into the game. An Illegal Player is still disqualified and that is what the answer should have said. The question can be discarded when the test is taken, or however you want to handle it. I apologies for the incorrect answer and will look closer next time to make sure the test is totally correct. I appreciate your understanding.
As a college instructor, I had to laugh at the part I highlighted in red. Now I'm starting to have sinister thoughts as I'm writing an exam for the students...hmmm....