View Single Post
Old Mon Jan 12, 2009, 01:43am
Official Forum Member

I was L in a boys freshman game this weekend. A's player drives to the basket and basically falls all over himself. B's player who had LGP goes down trying to go for the ball during this mess. A's coach is in my ear and is asking me how it wasn't a block or a charge. I told him I had a no call and he told me that there has to be a block or a charge when there is contact. I wonder if he would have been happier if I would have called a PC foul on his player?

In a game last week I was L and called a shooting foul on A's player. I go report and go back to my spot as new T. A's coach, who was on the opposite end of the court, was wanting me to come to the bench to talk to him immediately. I told him twice during the two free throws that I would be over there in a minute. I guess he wanted me to answer him from across the court or wait to shoot the free throws until he was done talking to me. Point is, you don't have to talk to coaches immediately. Give them their explanation when you get close to them.