Thread: Double
View Single Post
Old Fri Oct 11, 2002, 10:50am
Official Forum Member

For the most part an assignor normally schedules one pair of umpires to do a double dip. You simply switch positions.

Assumption:

1. 18 and Under League
2. Same crew of umpires for both games or
3. a different crew.
4. We don't know (nor is it our responsibility) the disciplinary rules governing this particular league.

Game 1 we have the normal short and sweet Pre-game with the coaches. In game one we have an incident where B1 hits a HR and F1 plunks the next batter. Also in our judgement we felt that F1 deliberately threw at the next batter so we warn.

After the warning the "other teams" F1 decides to get even and plunks a batter in which case according to rule we eject F1 and the coach.

Here's my concerns and I would like to know how you would handle.

1. Assume we have the next game.

A. Does the warning we issued in game 1 Carry Over to Game 2?

B. Since we don't know the disciplinary policy, do we allow the player and coach whom we tossed in game 1 to play in game 2?

C. Should we conduct another Plate conference and lay the riot act to the coaches before game 2 begins? and

D. If we find out the league does have an automatic one game suspension policy, what do we do with a kid who has no-way home and is under 18 yrs. old.?

Assumption 2 - Another crew comes to do game number 2.

We are not supposed to have any bias when we do a game, but since we had an incident in game 1, do we brief the New crew on what happend?

Also, even though crew 2 didn't have game 1 should they issue the riot act to the coaches before game 2 begins?

In other words, how do you handle the second game of a double dip in which you had problems or I should say incidents in Game number 1?

Thanks

Pete Booth