Esteemed Forum Member

They Don't Carry The Same Penalty ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob jenkins View Post
Only one T (entering), not two.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapper1 View Post
Agreed.
I also agree, however, for those who may not agree (a reminder: Always listen to bob, and I might add, almost always listen to Scrapper1) and would rather go with the sixth player penalty, rather than the not beckoned penalty, it's important to know which act you're penalizing because they don't carry the same penalty:

Penalized if discovered before the ball becomes live: A substitute shall not enter the court without reporting to the scorer; and without being beckoned by an official, except between periods. Substitute technical foul. A maximum of one foul for either, or both, requirements, reporting, and/or beckoned. A substitute technical foul is charged if recognized by an official before the ball becomes live following the first dead ball. Once the ball becomes live, the substitute is a legal player at that point, the foul is not penalized.

Penalized if discovered while being violated: A team shall not have more than five team members participating simultaneously. Team technical foul. A team technical foul is charged if recognized by an official before the ball becomes live following the first dead ball. If it was not recognized by either official, but was called to their attention after the ball became live following the first dead ball, it is too late to assess any penalty.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Sat Jan 10, 2009 at 08:56am.