View Single Post
Old Thu Jan 08, 2009, 10:09pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to kgeorge0263
2 person game that could've used a 3rd

Working a girls varsity game tonight, 2 big time rivals (both private schools) and both with 1 loss. Early this afternoon I found out that our R turned back the game, and I suspected that we'd run a 2 person, since tonight was a big night for the BCS Championship. Being a Gator Fan, I should've blocked out the date.

Play 1: Anyways...before the half, my partner and I had a play ( I was the lead) where there was a quick turnover situation (ball started on the baseline) and quickly went to mid court as a loose ball. As the ball is going is going out of bounds, white team may have been pushed out of bounds by blue, but I was 45-50 feet away still closed down, so my angle wasn't good. My partner couldn't help me...so I thought if the sitation had happened again, that I would've had a foul on blue....So I was stuck and gave the ball to white, as the ball may have been out of bounds also prior to white touching it out of bounds. Both coaches thought it was their ball....

Play 2: About 30 seconds left in the game. White is down 3 and they shoot with a White player gaining an offensive rebound on the opposite sid of the lane (I was the lead). From my angle her feet got tangled and she went to the floor (I did have a bad angle)...so I call travel. My partner said he didn't have anything.... C would've been there to confirm, but with 2 people, I can't say we both had a good look... Home crowd was not happy...

Any feedback if you were in my shoes? (wear size 12)....

-KG