View Single Post
Old Thu Jan 08, 2009, 04:01am
Resident VB Rules Guru

Send a message via AIM to MCBear Send a message via MSN to MCBear Send a message via Yahoo to MCBear Send a message via Skype™ to MCBear
Welpe, thanks for your post. I am not really concerned about worker's comp because, as an independent contractor, I am not covered by the schools' worker's comp policy since I am NOT their employee nor an employee of my local officials' association. As an independent contractor, I am considered to be self-employed and therefore, not covered under the schools' worker's comp provisions. Thanks for your well-wishes.

I was able to get on the stand for one match during the Boys Far West National Qualifier Bid Tournament last weekend and, let me tell you...it felt WONDERFUL to be back on the stand again. If you are familiar with Joni Mitchell's song "Big Yellow Taxi". this lyric in that song came to me as I was reffing the match:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joni Mitchell in Big Yellow Taxi
Don't it always seem to go
That you don't know what you've got
Till it's gone.
I have a new appreciation for being able to be a part of the wonderful sport as volleyball. I am so grateful that I have been given the chance to return to reffing a sport that I have come to love.
CIF State Volleyball State Championships Referee (2005), Scorekeeper (2006-2007) & Libero Tracker (2010)
PAVO State Referee (2014) / PAVO Certified Scorekeeper (2014) / PAVO Certified Line Judge (2012)
USAV Junior National Referee (resigned 2013) / USAV National Scorekeeper (2014)