View Single Post
Old Wed Jan 07, 2009, 09:00am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
A kicked ball is a violation. Why would you go looking for something else?
Rut has it covered I am not sure what you are looking for here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mutantducky View Post
Say a player is beat and makes a wild kick to stop a pass. Or maybe risking others with the kick even though he wasn't trying to, kind of like a high stick in hockey. Or if they miss the ball completely, still call something there? I'm thinking you don't' want anything dangerous to happen or continue so a T could be warranted.
just throwing out a leg to stop the ball is not a violation - they have to contact the ball - now if the player misses the ball and actually kicks someone - then we are talking about something different entirely and it wouldn't be a kick ball. However - doubt that you could come up with a T here if the player was going for the ball, maybe intentional (exessive contact)
or something of that nature.

There might be one situation and I can not even imagine it happening where actually kciking the ball might result in a T, that would be someone taking several steps and kicking a ball into the stands or down the court similar to soccer player kicking a loose ball in the field, but the T would not be for a kicked ball.