View Single Post
Old Wed Jan 07, 2009, 06:35am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadNewsRef View Post
Why are you asking football officials? Shouldn't this be asked on a broadcasting forum?

Do a search on 506 forums or DBS forums and you might find a more knowlegeable crowd.
go to any forum, and i guarantee they have slightly off topic threads such as this one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverAndBack View Post
You're assuming this is an NFL "rule." It's not.

Because...

Wow. 100 games? Man.

How many clips of people saying "NFL" will it take to convince you, then?

Okay, then.

I do not have false information. I know more about certain things than you do. This is one of them.

This is an officiating forum, genius. Your question in the OP has zero to do with officiating. Therefore, it's in the wrong forum.

You are, seriously, about 15 years old, right?
i'm not 15, i'm 24, but a 15 year old would know that no forum on the web has 100% of it's threads directly on topic, or even probably 90%. officiating -> football -> various football topics. that's on topic to me. and your direct insults show that you should be the one asking yourself if you're 15.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
PackerFTW,

Life must be really good, you have waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too much time on your hands if you concerned with what announcers call a specific league.

Or you are about 15 years old as stated.

Peace
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaybird View Post
Who cares?
exactly. nobody cares but me, but all of a sudden people seem to know for a fact that they use the term "nfl" as in "he's the #1 rusher in the nfl". if you don't care about something, how would you know for sure something as specific as this has or hasn't occurred? honestly though, i would probably say of course they say "nfl", i mean they must, right? but it's shocking, they don't. i don't mean never ever, i mean 99% of the time they say "national football league". and somebody already stated above the reason why they do this is for marketing purposes, which makes sense.

now that i think about it, although i'm not 100% sure, i don't think i've ever heard them say "national basketball association" in the nba. so we have opposite leagues here. dunno, just something i notice. if you feel the need to boost your self-esteem by insulting me just for commenting on something like this, then go ahead, but you might want to look in the mirror before you call me 15. even if i was off-topic, which i'm not completely off-topic, that's no reason to insult somebody, especially if you're a 30+ year old official.