View Single Post
Old Mon Jan 05, 2009, 10:54pm
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddie_g2001 View Post
As a Referee in Texas, I don't need to stress the "power" coaches have as far as "Scratch List", Etc. I was working a Tournament with two other decent officials. We had a good game, going back and forth. We were in the double bonus both sides. With approximately 2 minutes in the game, Team B was down by 1 pt. Team A had possession and brought the ball in at the base line of Team B to go to their front court. With Team B Pressing, I was the Trail Official and had the block call right in front of Team B's Bench. A No Brainer, easy call. Coach from Team B didn't like the call. As I went to report the Foul, Team B coach yells loud enough for me to hear to the other coach, "He must be your brother" (Referring to me) After reporting the foul, I blew my whistle and administered a Technical foul to Coach from Team B for questioning my Integrity. One of my partners came up to me afterwards and said, "You just cost them the game" I told him, I didn't tell the coach to say what he did, I just dealt with it. I wanted to know some of you senior officials point of view on this. Thanks for your input.....freddie_g2001

freddie_g2001:

Sounds like your partner is as big a schmuck as the HC you whacked.

MTD, Sr.
Ohio Assn. of Basketball Officials
International Assn. of Approved Bkb. Officials
Ohio High School Athletic Association
Toledo, Ohio