View Single Post
Old Fri Jan 02, 2009, 12:31pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by w_sohl View Post
sorry if I'm repeating someone elses comments.

Ozzy, you're full of it if you think this is true. Do you honestly think that if the coach overheard you through paper thin walls making despariging comments about him and his team that he wouldn't make his first phone call to your assignor? What happens in the locker room stays in the locker room till everyone leaves the locker room. Then it is fair game. I might not penalize the coach, but I sure as hell am going to let him know I'm not a fool and I know what is going on. In the case of him telling a player to take out another player, as soon as we get back to the field, I'm letting him know that if any of his players take anyone out the rest of this game not only will that player be ejected, but he can go warm the bus up.
With all due respect, baseball has been around a long time, and so has the locker room code. What is said there--however brazenly or childishly--stays there ... period. To act on it publicly is a breach ... period. It's how baseball works ... period. It's how it must work.

Your words: "What happens in the locker room stays in the locker room till everyone leaves the locker room. Then it is fair game." The previous quote, in particular, shows a pronounced level of baseball naiveté on your part. Not Ozzy nor I wrote the code, we're just quoting from it. You should learn it.

How to handle the threat of malicious contact is a separate issue that you combined with the fruits of locker room issue.

Last edited by Kevin Finnerty; Fri Jan 02, 2009 at 12:37pm.