View Single Post
Old Thu Jan 01, 2009, 10:06pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chess Ref View Post
i show up for the last 2 games of the local Holiday Classic. Tourneys been going on for 67 million years or so. It's a fun little tourney and i try to make the last couple of games every year.

In the 5th/6th place game they had the following sitch.

The Home team takes a time out. After the time out they apparently put 6 players on the court. Neither official catches it. They make a three. They then steal the inbounds and make another three. Then they steal the ball again and make a lay-up. At this point the refs catch that they have 6 players on the court...

Any thoughts on the clean up. The refs came up with take the points off the board and issued a T for 6 players on the court.

My thinking is the points count, shoot the T, and eat the grief.

What say you ?
You are right. Of course, you already knew that.

This is yet another example of people with poor rules knowledge getting assignments. It is absolutely imperative that at least one member of a varsity crew have a solid understanding of the rules.

It is my opinion that those three individuals embarrassed your officiating association with their handling of that situation. Very sad.

Keep working hard, and it won't be long before you begin being assigned to such games in favor of these folks.

Last edited by Nevadaref; Fri Jan 02, 2009 at 01:24am.