View Single Post
Old Thu Jan 01, 2009, 09:53am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Trail tossed the ball to the lead, then proceeded to step into the huddle and engage in a spirited discussion with the coach, gesturing emphatically to the coaches box.
I just re-read the OP and this time this line jumped out at me. I believe it is highly unprofessional to step into the huddle, and pick a fight with a coach. We've talked alot about baiting coaches over the years. If this description doesn't fit that to a t (no pun intend....wait yes it was) I don't know what does. You want to say something to a coach, stand near the huddle (but outside it) and have a quick word after they break. In this description the some people want to:
  1. Miss the reasonably requested timeout in a close game
  2. Whack the coach because the referees had poor game awareness and management skills
  3. Not whacking him, but being visibly annoyed and then eating up his time out by picking a fight.

You know, one of my pet peeves about civilians is when they say referees want the game to be about them and not the game. I could understand why a fan would feel that way about the Trail