View Single Post
Old Sun Oct 06, 2002, 09:14am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Skahtboi
Tap:

Honestly, there is no shame in ever going to your partner for help, especially if you feel he may have had a better angle on it. There doesn't have to be a request made by either team for you to do this. The important thing is getting the call right. If you feel that he may have had something to add to it, then by all means consult him.

I remember one time when I was still calling slow pitch (USSSA), that i was the BU, making a call at first, facing the west, just as the sun was setting. I made my initial call of out, though I felt that there was a good chance that F3 had pulled his foot from the way the play had gone. Without any questioning from either bench, I called time and went to my partner, who added that F3 had in fact pulled his foot and led to me reversing my initial call of out to safe.

Scott
Scott,

I totally disagree. If you made a call, you obviously believed something occured to rule an out. If you didn't, you then give up the call all together, not make it and run to your partner. Once you make that call, that is the call. If the team cannot act in a civil manner and make a simple request, that is their shortcoming, not yours.