View Single Post
Old Wed Dec 24, 2008, 11:33am
Official Forum Member

Ahh...so many to choose from, so little time...

First one, I'm at T, watching a competitive matchup on-ball. A1 starts to dribble, and out of the corner of my eye I see B2 move to get into position to double-team. Sure enough, another player runs into B2 knocking them to the floor, I know they didn't maintain legal guarding position, so I blow the whistle and signal a great blocking foul. Except...the player that B2 ran into was their own teammate. (Damn.) Quickly explain to partners and coaches it was an IW, gave the ball back to A, and away we go. Except it took a few plays for my red face to go away (and my partners to stop chuckling).

Another one, I'm fighting a cold, complete with sniffles, runny nose, etc. At one point, I feel a sneeze coming on during a live ball. Don't want to miss anything...hold it back...play coming towards me...trying not to sneeze...ppffftt(tweet)phfftt. Maybe no one heard that? Nope, the players kinda stop, partners are looking around, finally they all look at me as I'm trying to wipe off my whistle. Yuck.

(Used with permission.)