Thread: talking coaches
View Single Post
Old Tue Dec 23, 2008, 09:43pm
Huck Finn

Quote:
Originally Posted by btaylor64 View Post
Well I can tell you that those "61" you refer to absolutely DO NOT give the stop sign. The stop sign induces conflict it does not resolve conflict. We are there to diffuse the conflict and the quicker that we all learn that we don't try to win or that we don't try to "zing" the coach with a one liner and instead act professionally then we all win and there will never be any calls to our supervisors for things we said.
This is my favorite post in this thread. Many members who have been around a while know how I feel about the stop sign and this is partly why. The other reason is officials talk about it as if it is all powerful.

I also agree that we shouldn't be looking for one-liners so we can be smart with our responses. Coaches are people and they are passionate about winning their games. I would like to think I can talk to them like a human being and not get all upset. However, when the time comes a T is earned.