View Single Post
Old Sat Dec 20, 2008, 11:16pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
I stopped reading when I read the word 'racial' and the n word. Don't go back there. Encourage others not to go too. Maybe they'll get the idea.
I disagree. I am not a fan of political correctness, but this is just wrong. The Texas High School Athletic Association (not the officials Association) needs to know the situation there so that sanctions can be made to correct an absolutely heinous situation. TASO cannot be expected to orchestrate a boycott. Thats just fantasy. Specific and serious action needs to be taken against that school community. If the bylaws of the THSAA is anything like the OHSAA here in Ohio, they are the only ones with the muscle to affect change there.

Forget the mistakes made by a young and inexperienced official, they do not mitigate the culpability of the athletic administration of an entire school that allows this type of behavior. The school should be suspended from all interscholastic activity until a proactive and corrective action is instituted. I am truly disturbed to read this.