View Single Post
Old Sat Dec 20, 2008, 07:07pm
Ch1town

RANCHMAN - First & foremost, I feel your pain! I too have been attacked AFTER a team lost a game to the better team. I know the frustration level you must be at right about now. You had nothing to do with the outcome, but it's easier for some people to place the blame on officials as opposed to looking at how many lay-ups & FTs they missed, how many TOs they committed, how lousy their defense & play calling was, etc, etc.

In addition to everything that's been said, I'd like to add 2 other words of advice:

1. From this day forward PLEASE understand that the court is yours! You have been entrusted in a position of authority. YOU & YOUR teammates are in charge of any/every thing that happens on the court... before, during & after the contest.
I don't know your experience level, but your description of events sounds as if you allowed much too much talking & not enough coaching. Sometimes a good T allows the coach to regain their focus and coach their team to a victory. Take it or leave it...

2. Try to forgive them ASAP!! Don't let this eat at you & turn you sour to the avocation. The sooner you let this go (by all means, press charges & pursue justice) and make a choice to use this as a learning experience, the better.
Take it or leave it...

My experience has changed my life & I'm a better person since going through it.

Life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it. -Charles Swindoll